Written by: Elisa Peterson | Massage Therapist
Fight Sickness, Manage Swelling and Detoxify your Body with One System? You bet! Your gentle yet mighty Lymphatic System quietly fights foreign invaders such as germs, viruses and bacteria, reduces infection and is responsible for keeping litres of body fluid flowing and filtered.
Every day your lymphatic system skillfully carries out to its many duties, however, factors such as surgery, fatigue, swelling, injury, trauma, age and stress can create sluggishness in the lymphatic system and compromise your health.
Lymph Drainage Therapy, is a hands-on technique that improves and maintains the efficiency your lymphatic system allowing your body to be healthy and vibrant.
Here are a few of the many benefits of LDT:
1. Reduces swelling and drain stagnant body fluid. LDT can treat:
- Sprains, strains, fractures, tendonitis and bursitis
- Venous insufficiencies
- Surgery rehabilitation
- Post and pre-event training – biking, triathlons, marathons
2. Improves Immune System and Detoxify your Body. LDT alleviates symptoms of:
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Auto immune disease
- Drain sinuses
3. Allows your body to regenerate tissue. LDT supports healing from:
- Post-surgical scarring
4. Relieves chronic pain and inflammation. LDT reduces symptoms of:
- Acne and Eczema
5. Settles, Regulates the Nervous Stress System Activation. LDT alleviates:
- Stress and Anxiety
- Chronic pain and fatigue
LDT works with a series of interconnect lymphatic vessels that move a fluid called “lymph” to small cleaning stations throughout your body called lymph nodes – maybe you’ve felt these in your neck or armpit when they are swollen or if you are sick. LDT helps move stagnant lymph through the vessels when flow is compromised. Because your lymph vessels are just under the skin the technique uses light pressure; your therapist will place thierhand on your skin and gently pull the skin to help move the lymph through the vessels. Clients usually feel calm as the nervous system creates a relaxation response.
To learn more about this gentle yet highly effective treatment, and to book an appointment with our Massage Therapist, Elisa Peterson call Pivotal Health at 604-770-1668.